Bringing babywearing education, support and advocacy to the community.
Promote equity for all members of the broader babywearing community
Preserve the cultural practice of traditional indigenous wearing
Who we are?
Australian Babywearing Collective Inc. is passionate about bringing babywearing education, support, and advocacy to the wider community. Please see our Inclusivity Statement here.
The Collective is a not-for-profit incorporated association run wholly on a volunteer basis. The management committee is made up of 7 women, between whom there are years of legal and procedural experience in the areas of babywearing, healthcare, innovative business modelling, committee representation, and creative design, amongst others. The Collective aims to:
- create access to babywearing for vulnerable communities nationwide
- promote up-to-date babywearing education for communities
- promote cultural exchange of babywearing throughout communities nationwide
- promote outreach to babywearing for rural and remote communities
- provide support for local meets
- promote equity for all members of the broader babywearing community
- provide scholarships for instructor training to empower babywearing communities
- increase representation of indigenous babywearers
- promote cultural exchange between minority groups and the broader community
- preserve the cultural practice of traditional indigenous wearing
The Babywearing Collective acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the rich and diverse Indigenous Nations across Australia, from where our members come and from where we live and work. We pay our respect to Elders past and present, and we value Indigenous perspectives in everything we do.
July 21 2017
Project One Heart - Brisbane
New Farm Park, New Farm – Brisbane
Project One Heart is an artistic and activist project, overseen by Christelle Barrere-Collet on behalf of the Babywearing Collective Inc. We aim to photograph and tell the stories of marginalised peoples, primarily parents of color and families with children of colour.
July 22-23 2017
Elizabeth Close Arts - The Australasian Showcase Preorders
Brisbane Powerhouse, New Farm
Preorder your Elizabeth Close Arts fine art watercolour, for collection at the ‘Wear Them Hall’ Shopping Experience and find out MORE about the The Australasian Showcase.
July 23 2017
July 24-August 1 2017
2017 Cloth Nappy Awards
Cloth Nappy Reviews
In honour of the connections between the Babywearing and Cloth Nappy communities of Australia, The Australian Babywearing Collective is pleased to announce that we have partnered in Media Sponsorship for the ANA’s 2017 Cloth Nappy Awards!